HePeng1
2 Iron

New Networker cannot setup backup Level to 1-9

Jump to solution

for new Networker version 9.1.x&9.2.x, I found that the backup level 1-9 cannot be configured. For NDMP backup, LEVEL is important for backing up changed data because time-based backup is unavailable for our filer. Is there any way to specify the special LEVEL for each day of week?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bingo.1
4 Beryllium

Re: New Networker cannot setup backup Level to 1-9

Jump to solution

yes, you are right. Even if you upgrade an existing versions, the only level which will remain is level 1.

Consequently, the new level "cumulative incremental" will in fact perform level 1 backups.

For differentials this is all you should need.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
bingo.1
4 Beryllium

Jump to solution

yes, you are right. Even if you upgrade an existing versions, the only level which will remain is level 1.

Consequently, the new level "cumulative incremental" will in fact perform level 1 backups.

For differentials this is all you should need.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
HePeng1
2 Iron

Jump to solution

It's strange to make this change. then if we want to back up the changed data day by day, how can we do? I'm wondering if I can configure the LEVEL in the Client properties.

0 Kudos
SurajPujari
3 Argentium

Jump to solution

Level backups have been deprecated from NW9 onward and are no longer available for configuration. Cumulative incremental is the way to go which is level 1.

Refer page 5:

https://www.emc.com/collateral/TechnicalDocument/docu61115.pdf

HePeng1
2 Iron

Jump to solution

OK, thank you all.

0 Kudos