This post is more than 5 years old

August 12th, 2015 07:00

Performing an Oracle DR Restore

Environment Info

NetWorker 8.1

Windows Server 2012 R2 Client

Oracle 11

Hello,

I'm going through a DR test with an Oracle Server.  I have two Client entries configured for this Server, one is the Filesystem Save Set (which excludes the Oracle directory) and the other is an Oracle RMAN Save Set (using NMDA).  Since the Filesystem Save Set cannot include the Oracle directory, the DISASTER_RECOVERY:\ Save Set cannot be utilized.  I looked over the NMDA Admin guide and read through the Oracle DR section but wanted to validate my understanding of it.  To restore an Oracle Server; you build a new Server, install and configure Oracle, and then restore the Databse files to the new Server.  Is that correct?

Is there any way to utilize the DISASTER_RECOVERY:\ Save Set to be able to perform a BMR? 

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

August 14th, 2015 16:00

You should exclude only log and dbf files - not oracle folder. 

August 17th, 2015 11:00

That is good to know, thank you.  So I include the Oracle Directory and thus, I should be able to perform a BMR Restore?  Would I just perform the BMR and then restore the Database and Log Files afterwards?  So is there no need to follow the NMDA Admin guide's DR process?

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

August 21st, 2015 01:00

I didn't check what NMDA admin guide says, but NMDA normally would focus on application it protects itself - not machine as whole.  So, NMDA document might have something specific to application, but to protect application at OS level, you need to use NW.

No Events found!