Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 27th, 2007 08:00

Problem with the Suspect save set

I have a general question with regard to networker. From time to time, i experience a problem where saveset's are marked as suspect. In a few situations, I have been unable to sucessfully recover the data after changing the saveset's status to "normal" or "notsuspect" using the nsrmm -o command.

We are working on troublshooting why the suspect saveset's occur in the first place, however, I would like to know how networker can better deal with this situation. My question is this: when a suspect saveset occurs, how can we get networker to 1) let us know that it happened so that we can immediatly do another backup so a recovery would be possible and 2) force networker to automatically attempt to restart the backup and write to a different volume

724 Posts

December 27th, 2007 10:00

About your second item, I don't see how you could force Nw to write to a different volume. What happens is that Nw itself will mark a volume as full or disable a drive when it finds errors in write operations, if Nw did not find any of these errors, any restart of the backup will probably go to the same tape/drive.

2K Posts

December 27th, 2007 10:00

I think currently networker does not support either of them.

Suspect woold norammly come owing to media or drive related issues.

101 Posts

November 11th, 2010 04:00

Hi all,

At this moment i'm troubleshooting an issue with savesets marked suspect. I don't see that read errors occurs with the same drive or tape so my question is if the NetWorker behaviour of asign a suspect flag to a saveset can occur because of an I/O error caused by an issue in the SCSI chain (faulty components like HBA, datarouter, SCSI cabling...).

Thanks and regards.

Hi Bruno,

Indeed, if any SCSI reset takes place during a write operation, the SCSI will rewind the tape so, the save set that was being written will be marked as suspect automatically.

Let me know if you need any further information.

Thank you.

Carlos.

101 Posts

Hi Carlos,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply!, i think thats all i need to know.

Thanks again!

No Events found!