Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 11th, 2014 01:00

Query Index Save Sets with CLI

Hi guys,

I have a question regarding the CLI.

I need to get the same output which the NMC provides me under Media -> Index -> double click on a client.

I tried nsradmin and nsrinfo which couldn't help me.

Thanks in advance

JJ

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

July 11th, 2014 02:00

So you need a list of savesets that are being backed up by a particular client machine ? Id yes you can use the mminfo as follows :

mminfo -avot -c client_name -r name | sort | uniq

68 Posts

July 11th, 2014 03:00

Hello,

the question was about the index size, not about the saveset.

Index information for a particular saveset (under /nsr/index/client_name/db6/) is not supposed to be understood by humans...

Hope this helps.

Denis

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

July 11th, 2014 03:00

If you wish to know index size, use nsrls command.

68 Posts

July 14th, 2014 23:00

Yes, but we cannot get the saveset index size, as reported in the NMC

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

July 15th, 2014 02:00

I think you didn't explain yourself clear to get everyone on the same page (because what you look for is something people rarely or never use). So, to address couple of points you brought:

a) nsrls and index view in GUI will give you same information

b) in GUI you can drill down and see inidividual save-sets and how much of those are taking index space

I assume b) is what you wish to know as you also earlier mentioned stuff under /nsr/index/client_name/db6/.  I have to correct you and say that those entries are readable by humans.  If you check folder list you will that it is in hex format.  Then you can get this into dec and what you get is nsavetime which you can crosscheck with save set using mminfo (nsavetime is valid only for reports so you will need to query client based on /nsr/index and and report name and nsavetime and then compare ti against matching nsavetime).  I find this information without much value, but if this is something you really are after then you can do it with a little bit of scripting.

161 Posts

July 15th, 2014 04:00

Hi you guys, thanks for participating in the discussion.

I just needed a way to find out all save sets belonging to a client (/, /boot, /opt, /var, etc.). And that offers the mminfo way. I don't need any time or sizes. So t e additional information provided by the NMC is irrerelavnt to me. But I didn't say that :-).

Sorry for that, my problem is solved.

Cheers

JJ

68 Posts

July 15th, 2014 04:00

I am not the guy who first ask the question ;-)

My first answer was for 'crazyrov' about the mminfo command, which leads to nothing, according to me...

My consideration about content of the nsr/index/client/db6 was just to be understood as a joke, as you have to run a script than can last in order to have informations wanted...

Maybe the original requester can enlighten us ?

No Events found!