Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

22 Posts

June 14th, 2022 01:00

Readding the JukeBOX FOR physical tape discovery

Hello,

Recently we had a serious ordering issue with our storage node responsible for tape backup. I am looking for a documentation which can provide me the stepwise procedure to delete a Jukebox and re-add them to the Libraries within networker.

Could someone please guide me the procedure as this is the first time I am attempting.

2.4K Posts

June 14th, 2022 02:00

A simple jukebox configuration is pretty easy - but if you want to share/split your jbox it can become more complicated. This is more or less the general procedure:

-  delete the jukebox and the devices from the Admin GUI

-  make sure that the correct tape drivers are installed.

-  run 'inquire' and verify that the jbox and all devices are detected and device names will be assigned.

-  run 'jbconfig' and answer the questions carefully    or

-  use the admin GUI and let NW auto-detect the devices. Then configure them here.

You can only delete a jbox or device aqfter it has been configured.

-  finally, run an inventory so that NW will adjust the database information.

The Admin Guide also provides information how to deal with autochangers.

22 Posts

June 14th, 2022 10:00

Hello,

Using the GUI, i have deleted the JUKEBOX entry first. So is it still possible to re-add ? We run two storage node in our site. 

newstg01.something.com - only for backup purpose

newstg02.something.com - for physical backup purpose

I tried configuring using GUI but it unfortunately points to newstg01.something.com instead of newstg02.something.com.

Could you please point on how to especially use newstg02.rop.gov.internal using NMC GUI interface.

2.4K Posts

June 14th, 2022 13:00

As I said - it could become more complicated.

Actually, I can only think that it might work if you shutdown NW on the seconds storage node. Then add the jukebox and re-enable/restart NW on the other SNode.

But the easiest way would be to run "jbconfig -s nw_server" at the SNode itself. Although the GUI seems to be less complicated, the installation from the command line is also not a big deal. Just answer the questions carefully.

22 Posts

June 14th, 2022 21:00

Hello,

While running the JBCONFIG command I received permissioned denied access

cannot connect to NSR service on hq-nwstg02.some.some]
42503:jbconfig: Program not registered

If on a storage node, enter the NSR server hostname? [hq-nwstg02.some.some] hq-nwsrv01.xxxx.xxx]
using 'hq-nwsrv01.xx.xxx.internal' as the NSR server
Permission denied[root@hq-nwstg02 ~]#

2.4K Posts

June 15th, 2022 01:00

It is obvious that you use another account which is not listed as NW administrator.

If you lookup the server's properties, in the General tab, you will find that list under Administrators. By default only local users are listed here.

Add your storage node user to that list and then retry the operation.

No Events found!