Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 13th, 2014 07:00

Regarding upgradation of Networker Server and Clients

Hi All,

We got new networker datazone build some 10 months ago. Every client including the servers use Networker 8.0.1.1 build.132. Now we plan to apply the latest patches on all networker nodes, many of them use NMM,NMSQL,NMDA.

I have around 100 clients in the datazone, I was wondering if there is any better way than going to each node and manually installing and uninstalling the networker packages so as to upgrade it.

In case the node has some application backup module, the process becomes more eleongated.

I want to know if there is a better process which anybody has followed/adopted.

Regards

tech88kur

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

January 15th, 2014 11:00

From NW side, you can use nsrpush.  From OS side, you can use tools to have that remotely deployed - not sure if your organisation uses that, but usually they do.

142 Posts

January 15th, 2014 08:00

Hi All,

Is the question senseless? I do not see any feedback/reply/discussion on this thread since i posted it. Looking forward for your replies.

Regards

tech88kur

2 Intern

• 

1.2K Posts

January 15th, 2014 17:00

You can use the Software Administration Wizard or the nsrpush command to update NW clients.

Search for "software distribution" in NetWorker 8.0 SP1 Administration Guide for detailed info.

Or like Hrvoje said, you can also use Windows Active Directory or SCCM Software Distribution feature to install patches if your enviroment uses AD or SCCM .

No Events found!