Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

August 29th, 2014 03:00

VTL ISSUE - Media pool not mounted properly?

Issue: am facing issue while backup picking media from VTL Library? No media alerts under alert tab and could find empty medias in VTL but backup is not picking the media while group starts but its picking media after 8 hours from groups starts. Usually i didnt faced such issues in VTl environment?

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

September 1st, 2014 04:00

You would have check if the savesets in your group are int he active state or still in the queued state ? For backup to start the savesets have to be in the active state.

268 Posts

September 1st, 2014 04:00

Are you facing this issue only on VTL?

Did you try backup to AFTD, file type device or a DD device.

I think this might be caused due to hung savegrp process, than relating to. Try to run backup in debug mode (-D9) using command line, see is there any related error message.

48 Posts

September 5th, 2014 06:00

Backups are queued for exactly 8 hrs and after that it starts writing with good Speed. didnt get any error messages and library looks fine. checked any pe-post cmd are configured but didnt find anyhting under Apps&module tab..

14.3K Posts

September 5th, 2014 07:00

Attach logs and resources here.  I wonder if pending message is there for 8 hours or does it kick in after 8 hours too . When attaching logs and resources, let us also know what is the name of group so we can easily check it out.

September 8th, 2014 19:00

Please check if any other backups are running for the same host in this case suppose if the host is an VM.

No Events found!