Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 8th, 2010 02:00

no matching devices; check storage nodes, devices or pools for save of client `hostname'

hi, expert:

can you help me ?

my situation is networker 7.3.2.   but i cannt backup success recently. 

09/28/10 05:45:06 nsrd: media notice: no matching devices; check storage nodes, devices or pools for save of client `hostname'
09/28/10 05:45:06 nsrd: media notice: no matching devices; check storage nodes, devices or pools for save of client `hostname'

why ?

1 Attachment

October 8th, 2010 06:00

Here’s what we’ve run across.

1. We restrict a tape pool to specific tape drives

2. We assign a savegroups to this tape pool

3. We assign a client to the savegroup and to a storage node

4. That storage node’s tape drives aren’t assigned to the tape pool we’re trying to use.

October 9th, 2010 01:00

hi,  bob.schuknecht@hilton.com:

can you tell me that how to do ?  sorry i am a new for networker.

best regards

October 11th, 2010 07:00

Tell me what your NetWorker environment looks like. For example, besides your NetWorker Server do you also have one or more Storage Nodes? Which server (NetWorker Server or Storage Node) are the tape drives attached to? What tape pools have you created if any? What savegroups have you created if any?

October 12th, 2010 02:00

hi,bob.schuknecht@hilton.com

thank you for  reply !

the networker is 7.2.1 version and a storage node. the library is stk180 . the tape  pool is  web .   the savegroup is epcdb2.

October 12th, 2010 06:00

Actually, it appears that you are trying to backup “hostname” which I don’t believe is possible unless you have a host that is named hostname.

Also, you forgot to tell me where the tape drives are attached. Do you have tape drives on both the NetWorker Server and the Storage Node? Did you modify the pool named web in any way or did you create the pool and kept the default settings?

No Events found!