Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 18th, 2014 14:00

nsr index file could not be opened and was not backed up. (No such file or directory)

Hello everyone,

I'm getting an error on my daily incremental backup on the backup server itself.

Here is the error i get...

File D:\Program Files\EMC NetWorker\nsr\index\ftpcnts7.\db6\54520000\545294d1.k0 could not be opened and was not backed up. (No such file or directory)

Ive checked the directory and the files are in fact there.

Ive been trying to search down a solution but haven't had any luck. I was hoping someone on this forum would be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

13 Posts

November 24th, 2014 14:00

I resolved the issue. I still dont know why the issue started but what i did was delete the client (FTPCNTS7) out of networker. Deleted all the index folders for that client. Recreated the client, and tested them. everything is working properly now.

I'm pretty sure i lost all the index data for FTPCNTS7 though.

Thank you everyone for all of your input on the issue.

2.4K Posts

November 18th, 2014 21:00

I have no clear idea why this issue arises. And why especially for level 9 backups?

The only reason I can think of is that you have a special pool for your index backups which is not enabled to accept level 9 backups. But the error message is strange.

However, you can easily rebuild the index key files as follows:

-  For this client only, search and delete only its key files (..\nsr\index\db6\...\*.k*)

-  Then run "nsrck -L6 client"

This is it.

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

November 19th, 2014 01:00

Trying running the following command and provide the complete output. Just want to see if this has anything to do with VSS. Also provide the NetWorker version information.

commnad : savegrp -O -l 9 -G group_that_failed

10 Posts

November 19th, 2014 04:00

Please try to run a bootstrap backup and if it fails again . please check the configuration of the client(backup server).There must be something left in the aliases. if not issue might be something else.

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

November 19th, 2014 06:00

Did you trim this path or the name of the client is really ftpcnts7. (see that dot at the end which most likely is to cause the issue)?

2.4K Posts

The reason is due to the fact that one obiously made three attempts to create a client resource for that computer where each time the client has been named a little different.

See which directories are empty.

They might have a structure but actually ther should be no backup directories (####0000)with a '*.rec' file inside.

You can easily delete hose pathnames if they are empty.

13 Posts

I was thinking that dot had something to do with it as well. There are three different index folders for this server,

ftpcnts7.(our domain)

ftpcnts7

ftpcnts7.

Im not sure why this is and i dont know how to change the one with a dot. I renamed the one with a dot but when i run the backup it recreates it.

Im not sure where to changes its saving path.

BTW I have Networker 8.1.1.2

13 Posts

November 19th, 2014 07:00

the ftpcnts7.(ourd domain) is empty

ftpcnts7 and ftpcnts7. both have the same exact files in them

13 Posts

How do i change the folder that it uses to create these indexes? it only uses the ftpcnts7. but i would like to change that.

13 Posts

its wierd, when i rename ftpcnts7. to something else it will automaticly rename the ftpcnts7 folder and add the dot at the end.

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

I would check clientids as well.  There is a way to fix this and binary is provided with all recent versions of NW, but prior to that I would also check name resolution (including hosts) to know exactly why and where whole this confusion is coming from.

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

November 19th, 2014 08:00

It could be couple of things and on top of that for each it could be couple of things extra - therefore your best bet is support ticket with steps to full resolution.

155 Posts

November 20th, 2014 00:00

Well there is an optio where you can exclusively specify path for index in Global(2of 2) for clients. But I would suggest better not to play with this and try to identify if there are miltiple client ids created for your Backup server.

Try with this command:

mminfo -av -r 'clientid, client' and verify

13 Posts

November 20th, 2014 05:00

when using this command

mminfo -av -r clientid ftpcnts7

It returns back 6095:mminfo: no matches found for this query

13 Posts

November 20th, 2014 06:00

manually setting the index in Global(2of 2) did not effect anything. It still tries to use the folder with a dot

No Events found!