Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 27th, 2009 06:00

nsrsqlsv: Invalid group name

I noticed that one of my savegroups failed; the savegroup failed with the following messages in the NetWorker Management Console:

savegrp: suppressed 9 lines of output.
Promoting the backup level to full.[24972] [\I] 08/27/09 04:02:43 Last backup of database 'test' was not created using NMSQL Module.
Promoting the backup level to full.nsrsqlsv: Invalid group name sqlbackup
(shortened output)

I placed one of the databases in a testing group, called 'TESTING'. I still receive the message:
nsrsqlsv: Invalid group name TESTING.

The funny thing is, the backups of the databases are always made through the sql module, we do not take backups through the sql administration application. Manual backups through nsrsqlsv/NW user for SQL server work.

I looked at the RAP.log, no changes are made. The network part functions as normal (rpcinfo, nslookup, ping) .

Message was edited by:
phil2

724 Posts

August 27th, 2009 13:00

Check the logs at the client side and look for the backup command that is running, check if the group name is correct. Also, try to start the backup from the client side, using the "-g " option, to see if that works.

1.1K Posts

August 28th, 2009 00:00

Can you post details of your client configuration (nsradmin output would be ideal)

30 Posts

August 28th, 2009 01:00

Thank you for your reply.

As mentioned, manual backups (networker wise, client side) worked flawless.
After deleting ..\nsr\tmp and ..\nsr\res (not the 'servers' file) on the client side, the scheduled backup works again.

14.3K Posts

September 4th, 2009 05:00

If you search forum you will find this issue has been covered in the past. Most likely your VSS backup of file system is making SQL to believe there has been another backup done in the meantime which backed up your SQL database.
No Events found!