Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

May 8th, 2007 11:00

scanner command

Is there a difference in the way scanner would handle file type, adv. file type or tape type devices?

I allways thought it is the same every where. For an issue, support wanted me to clone a tape to file type device but he have wrongly done this to adv file type device.

Support has pointed this out as a possible cause of failure of scanner command. I am yet to discuss this with them but just wanted to find out if there is any difference the way scanner would handle different device types.

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

May 8th, 2007 11:00

Not that I know, but what is the problem you have in the first place? As far as I know there should be no difference. Ask them to explain what they and to point out where does that say in manual :D

2K Posts

May 8th, 2007 22:00

As per support, the underlying way data is written is different as well as the file structure especially when you want to scan the device on a different OS.

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

May 9th, 2007 02:00

Why would you or anyone else scan on different OS if trying to understand what is going on? Besides, scanner should read data no matter where it is. I think you should have conf call with support and clear that out.

2K Posts

May 9th, 2007 02:00

Yes we are trying to sort this out.

76 Posts

May 9th, 2007 08:00

Are using NW 7.3.X ? there is a know bug with command scanner check out in Release notes a workaround to work with scanner with NW 7.3.
No Events found!