Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 20th, 2016 12:00

scripting staging and cloning

The built in options for these leaves little to be desired. I just migrated from Solaris to Centos7 for my server/storage node. Migration went as planned but now I'm having to recreate some of the procedures that we being done with the iDATA Tools suite. I was nice to be able to stage or clone in "chunks" instead of "how many days" kinda schedule. I have some save sets that are fairly large.

Unfortunately I can't just download the Linux version of the tools as they appear to be gone from existence. If anyone has the linux versions ,tips or scripts they would like to share I will gladly accept. Otherwise I'm working on a script to sum up "totalsize" up to 2-3T and send those ssids to staging.

Thanks

14.3K Posts

December 24th, 2016 14:00

Just list ssids along with size, sort it by size and then select ssids as per any criteria you want.

76 Posts

January 5th, 2017 14:00

I have a script working that will get the list of savesets and total up the sizes up to the amount I want to stage, 3T, and send them to nsrstage but I'm having a heck of a time getting nsrstage to redirect output to a file to check for errors or even email the output.

I've tried stdout/stderr redirect, tee and script..... Is there something special about this binary.....

14.3K Posts

January 6th, 2017 01:00

(and you can use similar trick as described in Crazy little thing called nsrsgrpcomp if it is stubborn...)

14.3K Posts

January 6th, 2017 01:00

For staging you should also use nsrclone (nsrclone -m).  You can direct output (there are couple of binaries which require some forcing, but as far as I remember nsrclone is not one of them).

No Events found!