Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 22nd, 2019 14:00

Can not access N3048P via Console, and no p/w, how to reset?

i inherited a pair of n3048p switches with unknown root passwords.  the on Switch-A  i was able to use a console cable to reset the password no problem.  On Switch-B it shows a link light on the console port, but i get no output on the terminal program.  The status lights are all green.  Bbecause i can access switch-A, but not switch-B i assume my console cable is good.  I can access  switch-B's management ip via telnet and the web interface, however I have no clue what the password is.  I tried to reset button but my understanding per the documentation is it does not reset to factory default, but rather the last saved config.

When the switch completes the boot process
after the reset, it resumes operation with the most recently saved
configuration. Any changes made to the running configuration that were not
saved to the startup configuration prior to the reset are lost.

My thought is that the console port was disabled or that the settings were changed to something non-standard, I have tried various baud rates, but so far no luck.  Is there a way to reset the switch to factory defaults?

February 23rd, 2019 10:00

I managed to figure out the password.  Looks like the console port itself is bad.  Did a reset and still nothing 

1 Message

February 28th, 2019 01:00

What i can't understand is, why holding down the mode button has no affect. If you hold down for seconds the unit should restart to configure through the switch through the CLI using the initial configuration for the given website

No Events found!