Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

February 27th, 2018 19:00

Dell x4012 Copper 1G SFP

Hi,

We have a dell x4012 as a core router for our fibre network and have 2 x 1G copper SFP plugs which have been working fine for 2 copper connections. We wanted to move the port that they were connected so pulled them out and then when we have put them back into the different port and we get no activity or connection lights on them.

In the switch itself, we get an informational log saying that the port is present (%NSFP-I-SFPGibicDetected: te1/0/12 SFP port is present) but when we plug a network cable in they do not light up and we do not get any more information.

Any suggestions as to what has happened as they were working fine and all we did was unplug them?

We also tries them in a x1052 switch we have but they did the same, presented in the log but no activity lights.

• 

8.5K Posts

February 28th, 2018 10:00

Hi,

Can you private message me the service tag so we can get some additional device details?

Have you rebooted the switch since moving them? Which ports were they in and what ports are they in now?

13 Posts

February 28th, 2018 15:00

Hi,

I have PM you the service tag.

I moved one of the copper ports from port 5 to port 12, I thought that the unit might have stopped working so I swapped it with another copper SFP that we that was in port 7 (i.e. swapped 7 and 12) and then both ports have stopped. I haven't rebooted as the switch is in service. If that will fix it I can do that tonight and see.

Thanks
Chris

2 Posts

March 1st, 2018 06:00

This is actualy usual problem with 1000Base-T SFP's - on N and S series at least.

Try this - plug off, shutdown port, plug SFP, turn port on.

No Events found!