Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

June 26th, 2018 08:00

MXL untagged tagged hybird

Let me start of by saying I have read the configuration guide for the MXL.  The word hybrid was not in there at all. (i may of found an old guide)

I have a port (internal) te0/2 that will have a physical NIC many virtual servers (NIC) on it.  I will tag the physical port inside the CMC with vlan50 and the virtual NICs will be untagged. 

interface Vlan 100
ip address 172.21.1.54/24

untagged TenGigabitEthernet 1/1-32,41-43,50-51
untagged TenGigabitEthernet 0/1-32,41-43,50-51  (meaning if data comes across it will be tagged with vlan 100 right)

interface vlan 50

This is where I have the issue.  from my understanding I need to have the command "tagged TenGigabitEthernet 0/2" (Is this like the cisco command "switch port trunk allowed vlan 50") to allow traffic tagged with vlan 50 to pass.

When I go under vlan 50 and I type the command #tagged tengigabitethernet 0/4 i recieve the following message % Error: Tagged flag mis-match Te 0/4.  See below:

MXL(conf-if-vl-50)#tagged tengigabitethernet 0/2
% Error: Tagged flag mis-match Te 0/2

After researching I need to put port Te0/2 in hybrid mode... see below.

MXL(conf-if-te-0/2)#portmode hybrid
% Error: Port is in Layer-2 mode Te 0/2

I want the port in layer 2.  Where am I going wrong?

To recap I need a port to be trunked allowing vlan 50 and native vlan 100.  

On a cisco switch this the command to do this

Switch port mode trunk

switch port trunk native vlan 100

switch port trunk allowed vlan 50

Please help

117 Posts

August 2nd, 2018 11:00

I've run into this, and you need to clear the L2 configuration from the port before you put it in hybrid mode.  Something like:

interface TeX/X
no switchport

followed by

interface TeX/X
portmode hybrid
switchport

You may have to first make sure the port is not a member of any VLANs other than VLAN 1 before you do that.  At that point you should be able to do something like this:

interface vlan 50
tagged TeX/X
interface vlan 100
untagged TeX/X
No Events found!