Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 27th, 2012 06:00

PC6248 switches,PowerConnect W-650 wireless controller & PowerConnect AP-105 access point

Hi,

I'm a newbie to Dell PC switches and would advice on the following. I need to connect some PC6248 switches + W-650 Wireless Controller and a AP to a customer network. Is there any videos or tutorial  that is available for such an deployment. Thank you for advance.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 27th, 2012 07:00

Sorry, there is not a video on how to install these devices. From what I gather the W-650 and AP are going to plug into the switch as if it was an client, and is not VLAN aware. So on the switch if you have a VLAN set for that port, you may need to set the port to access mode .Other than that it should just be a plug and play ordeal.

The default IP address of the WP-650 is 172.16.0.254, this can be used in a web browser to access the setup page of the unit. Once you have access to the unit, you can then click the configuration tab, and there will be a list of setup wizards . You can run these setup wizards to help ensure the device is configured properly.

• Controller Wizard basic controller configuration including system settings, Control Plane security, cluster settings and licenses

• WLAN/LAN Wizard creating and configuring new WLANs and LANs associated with the  default  ap-group. Includes campus only and remote networking.

• License Wizard installation and activation of software licenses.

• AP Wizard basic AP configuration s including LAN, Remote, LAN Mesh and Remote Mesh deployment scenarios.

Installation guide.

supportapj.dell.com/.../W-650_IG.pdf

Hope this information helps some.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

April 30th, 2012 20:00

Hi Thank you for your great help and assistance. I am looking forward to my Power Connect Device journey setup path:-)

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 1st, 2012 06:00

Glad to hear the information was helpful. Keep us updated on how the setup goes, and let us know of any good info you find to share.

Thanks.

June 26th, 2012 12:00

Can I reset to default factory configuration the PowerConnect W-650 by CLI?

There is a command?

Thank you

I want to reset only the configuration.

Can I use write erase?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

To reset a controller to factory defaults:

The write erase all command from the CLI will reset a controller to factory defaults. This command erases the license database on the controller, a copy of the customer's license keys remain on the Dell PowerConnect W-Series License Management System at licensing.dell-pcw.com.

To reset an AP to factory defaults:

1. Power cycle the access point.

2. When prompted to, press enter to interrupt the boot process.

3. Reinitialise the apboot variables with purgeenv followed by save.

4. Power cycle the access point and configure it on the PowerConnect W controller.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 26th, 2012 13:00

Running these commands will reset the device to as when you first got it. All default settings as it came from Dell.

No Events found!