Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 13th, 2013 05:00

how to configure DiffServ on PC6200

Hi

I need to setup DiffServ on a PC6248 switch and PC5548 switch. Can you provide with a sample config coomands to create 2 classes. 1 data and 1 video and the assign it to end device ports.

Also how do I configure trunk ports with the classes? Is it even neccesary?

Thanks 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 13th, 2013 08:00

To use DiffServ for QoS, we need to first define the following categories and their criteria:

1. Class: create classes and define class criteria

2. Policy: create policies, associate classes with policies, and define policy statements

3. Service: add a policy to an inbound interface

Packets are classified and processed based on defined criteria. The classification criteria is defined by a

class. The processing is defined by a policy's attributes. Policy attributes may be defined on a per-class

instance basis, and it is these attributes that are applied when a match occurs. A policy can contain

multiples classes. When the policy is active, the actions taken depend on which class matches the packet.

Packet processing begins by testing the class match criteria for a packet. A policy is applied to a packet

when a class match within that policy is found.

The Differentiated Services menu page contains

If you had video on VLAN 22 and wanted to assign it a specific preference and assign it to port 1. The commands should look similar to this.

class-map match-all test22 ipv4

match vlan 22

exit

policy-map test23 in

class test22

assign-queue 4

exit

interface ethernet 1/g1

service-policy in test23

There are several different match criteria that can be used. The user and CLI guides outline the available options.

http://www.dell.com/support/Manuals/us/en/19/Product/powerconnect-6224

Hope this helps

110 Posts

December 9th, 2013 02:00

I also need to assign DiffServ on trunk ports right?

2 Posts

December 9th, 2013 20:00

Hi-

Usually, classification is done in ingress.

sp666

No Events found!