Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 16th, 2010 21:00

1390 Wireless card failure - searching for solution

Any new fixes/suggestions for 1390 mini Wlan failure? Have searched through multiple threads with similar problems but none of the solutions have worked for me yet.

Inspiron 1520 with Vista Home Premium: My card worked intermittently but now will not connect wirelessly at all.  Sometimes the card will not appear in device manager.  When it does appear, it says it is working properly but fails to connect.  Wireless switch is enabled.  ipconfig will not detect the media.  Card appears in bios and passes all the Dell diagnostic tests.  Have tried with multiple routers, disabling security, disabling firewall, updated drivers, updated bios, power configuration on the card, switching antenna to aux, booted safe with networking, tcp/ip fix from microsoft.  nothing works so far.  installed different (used) wireless card but it did not work.  no recent configuration changes have been made to the computer.  Card worked great for 3 years with no problems. connection is fine with wiired ethernet.  Would appreciate any ideas!  thanks

SM

5 Posts

March 19th, 2010 09:00

purchased and installed the new Dell 1395 wlan card and all my problems went away.  Hope this helps others!

1 Message

March 19th, 2010 10:00

Had the same thing happen with my Inspirion 6400 which is approximately 3 years old and tried all the same approaches you did.  I am not convinced that it is the actual wireless card so I am not sure if buying and installing the new 1395, as one reply suggested, would work.   Hope someone out there can provide a comprehensive explanation as to why this would happen and how to fix it.

No Events found!