Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 25th, 2017 08:00

Airplane mode

Hello everyone,

Apparently this is a common issue, but none of the proposed solutions I have seen online so far are working for me. The issue is that my Dell Precision M4800 with Windows 10 is stuck in airplane mode. Whenever I go into network settings and click the button to turn airplane mode off, it just switches back on. I am eager to hear about any solutions you guys may have for this issue. Thanks.

• 

17K Posts

March 27th, 2017 07:00

Djr1897,

Did you inadvertently turn the wifi airplane mode keyboard key on? Below are the function keys on the keyboard representation. Press the FN PRT/SCR.

In Windows 10 you would not use the key to turn on the wifi.
Function Keys
: F1 Key F1 - Mute sound playback. Press the Mute key to mute or un-mute the sound.
: F2 Key F2 - Decrease volume. Press < Fn >< F2 > to decrease the volume level.
: F3 Key F3 - Increase volume. Press < Fn >< F3 > to increase the volume level.
: F4 Key F4 - Play previous track/chapter. Press < Fn >< F4 > to play previous track/chapter.
: F5 Key F5 - Play or pause. Press < Fn >< F5 > to play or pause a track.
 F6 Key F6 - Play next track/chapter Press < Fn >< F6 > to play next track/chapter.
 F8 Key F8 - Switch to external display Press < Fn >< F8 > to open the screen resolution panel to extend your desktop to an external monitor and also change the display settings.
 F9 Key F9 - Open Search charm Press < Fn >< F9 > to launch search on charms menu.
 F10 Key F10 - Toggle keyboard backlight Press < Fn >< F10 > once to turn on the keyboard back light. Press < Fn >< F10 > second time to increase the brightness of the keyboard back light and pressing < Fn >< F10 > for the third time turns off the keyboard back light.
 F11 Key F11 - Decrease display brightness Press < Fn >< F11 > to decrease the brightness of the display.
 F12 Key F12 - Increase display brightness Press < Fn >< F12 > to increase the brightness of the display.
 Wireless/airplane mode Key Wireless/airplane mode This key enables wireless devices.

Windows Key Windows key Press this key to launch the Start screen.

PRTSCR- Wireless/airplane mode This key enables wireless devices. 

No Events found!