Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

MG

September 18th, 2018 08:00

Battery-related wifi adapter problem

For the past several months I have been experiencing a problem with my wifi adapter when I use my computer’s battery. For example, I switched to battery power yesterday then back to plugged in and removed the battery once it was full, all without turning off the computer and all without problems (I usually use my laptop plugged in without the battery). When I booted it up this morning, it does not recognize the wifi adapter. It doesn’t show in Device Manager (even after scanning for hardware changes) or under “Network Connections” in the Control Panel.

As I said this is a recurring problem; in previous instances I’ve been able to get the computer to recognize the wifi adapter by restarting it with different combinations of plugged in with battery, plugged in without battery, and not plugged in with battery and once I find the right combination it comes back and works fine.

I tried changing my battery settings to “Maximum performance” and that hasn’t seemed to work. All other troubleshooting I’ve been able to find for similar problems requires the computer to recognize the adapter, so I’m stuck.

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows 10 with an AMD A8-5545M APU processor.

No Responses!
No Events found!