Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 8th, 2009 06:00

Blue tooth 360 module drivers for vista

Hi I have a inspiron 1520 and have a bluetooth module fitted which seems to be working ok but in the device manager it shows an unknown device which is the bluetooth module 360 which does not have a driver installed and I get the error code 28 driver not installed .When I insert the disc has the instructions tell me too the message reads unable to find drivers . I have tried searching for the drivers for the 360 bluetooth device to find that there is one but only for windows xp not for vista and there will be one shortly , can anyone tell me if there is a driver that i can use so has to stop my computer from telling me to install drivers everytime i turn it on or tell me if there is one being released shortly as this  is very annoying has the bluetooth was an extra which was put in to the computer before it was delivered . The computer is brand new from dell and this is something i didnt expect.  

Thanks in advance

Taxidriver

1.7K Posts

January 8th, 2009 11:00

Try installing the latest Bluetooth 360 driver from the Drivers and Downloads page.  If that unknown device is for the bluetooth then reinstalling the driver should get rid of the error and hte 'unknown device' entry in Device Manager.

4 Posts

January 8th, 2009 16:00

Hi Larry thanks for the info didn't want to try downloading the drivers has the compatibility was only for windows xp and I am running vista but did it any way and to my surprise the problem has been fixed and the device has been recognised many thanks.

Andy

3 Posts

August 30th, 2009 19:00

Hi I have recently upgraded from Vista Business 32bit to Windows 7 RC OS on Dell Latitude D830 and found to my dismay that I cannot find driver for Dell Bluetooth 360 and therefore am unable to use the Bluetooth function??????  I have had no end of problems with Vista's instability & have to reload my hard drive many times so I am not going back to that OS.  Can you tell me when Dell will have driver for Windows 7???  Please hurry.  Thanks Pemo

No Events found!