Highlighted
8 Krypton

Bluetooth Driver R285455 (WIDCOMM) won't install on Win 7x64 E6410

Jump to solution

Trying to update Bluetooth driver on an E6410, Win 7x64, Dell Wireless 375.

Driver package runs and gets almost to the end before a "1935" error dialog box pops up and the whole package rolls back.

Something to do with MS VC policy 8.

Anybody have a clue as to why this is happening and how to proceed?

TIA

WA

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
inv3rt3d
1 Copper

Re: Bluetooth Driver R285455 (WIDCOMM) won't install on Win 7x64 E6410

Jump to solution

I was also running into the error from the first post.  I tried installing the vc80 redistributables on my own, but that didn't help.  However, uninstalling the Widcomm software and then installing the new one got things going for me.  Dell still reported an error, but it was a different one & things now appear to be working.  And, best of all, my Bluetooth mouse now works again!

0 Kudos
12 Replies
dell_e6410
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I'm experiencing the same problem at the same machine. The only difference being the "processorArchitecture" parameter in the given error message (mine says "x86"). Running the setup.exe with administrative privileges doesn't help.

0 Kudos
MrLANlord
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Any update on this? Just got a new E6420 and I get the same error installing the updated Bluetooth driver (Dell Wireless 375 Bluetooth Module) for Win7 x64. The failed install resulted in 3 'Bluetooth Peripheral Device' enties in Device Manager now.  😛

I've spent the last 5 hours online looking for answers. there appears to be many with this 1935 error, but no resolutions.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

MrLANlord,

Did you try the Bluetooth Software from Broadcom's website?

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
Aurantchild
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Broadcom software hangs at detection and never finishes....

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Aurantchild,

Try reading How to by-pass the Dell Download Manager and use Internet Explorer Explorer to download the drivers, in your browser.

Rick

#DellRockstar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos
Takila
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Dell should address this problem and not leave it to us customers

Tags (2)
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

PUDGYONE;

Not sure how your response to Aurantchild relates to the problem at hand.

What does bypassing the Dell download manager have to do with a hung install process for the driver update package?

And further, why would you suggest that we go to the reference drivers site to get drivers that are supposed to come from Dell?

S.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

WonderingAloud,

To use the Dell Download Manager, you need .net framework installed and some members state, the drivers did not install, when they're really trying to install the Dell Download Manager to download the drivers. You still have to install the drivers after the Dell Download Manager downloads them for you. You need to know which Rxxxxxx.exe file is for which drivers. If you How to by-pass the Dell Download Manager you know what drivers are for which device and they can be installed in the correct order, if reinstalling the operating system from a clean installation. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Drivers downloaded using the Dell Download Manager can be found at...

C:\Drivers     or     file:///C:/dell/drivers/

This is the reason most of the older members suggest to use Internet Explorer and download the drivers, in your browser.

Rick

#DellRockstar

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos
Takila
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi,

The issue is that My E6410 was working fine for a long time Until I checked for Driver updates at the end of the year and simply downloaded this R285455 Bluetooth driver and thereafter the system reported that a driver was missing and led me to the Broadcom site and again no joy and now I have had to remove my Bluetooth Devices like Printer, Nokia E7 phone etc to minimize the issue of missing drivers from the Device Manager. I am still using my Mouse but though its drivers are reported missing, it is working. It is this frustrating since I like a clean machine

Mwangi, Kenya