Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 15th, 2005 07:00

Broadcomm WLAN aka Dell Truemobile 1300 i think

Does anyone like this card?
i'm running it on my 5160 and it picks up less wireless signals then a lot of my friends with their cards

at 1 point i could only pick up 2 WLANs while they can pick up 6 WLANs. And we are sitting beside each other.

Is there a way to upgrade the WLAN card on my 5160. It uses a mini PCI slot. I also have a D-Link DI-624 that has Super G capabilities so i was wondering if there are any Athrose cards availble out there.

God i don't like this card...

13 Posts

June 17th, 2005 14:00

tried.. .still pretty weak when it comes to detecting APs

i'm using netstumbler to pick up APs and the other one sees more than i do

i heard that you can use a D-Link desktop card or something?

14 Posts

June 17th, 2005 14:00

You may get some improvement by using the upgraded driver from the dell download page.

14 Posts

June 20th, 2005 15:00

Was this the card that came with the 5160? How long have you been running wifi on it?  I have been using the TM 1300 and it has been working fine. You may get another card which does not give much better improvement. What you may need is to fine tune your configurations for better reception. If your setup is similar to your friends (with  similar devices) and they still get better reception; then there might be a hardware problem eg the aerial, card not properly fixed etc... Provide more details on your network and setup.
No Events found!