Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

M

11 Posts

June 6th, 2017 05:00

Cable network adapter has disappeared from the Device Manager. No cable connection available.

Hi!

The cable network adapter has disappeared from the Device Manager. I no longer have a cable connection, just Wi-Fi on a separate adapter. Realtek Network Diagnostic application does not detect the network adapter and neither does Dell Support Assist System Information application.

- Ethernet NIC:  Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller.

- Notebook model: Dell Inspiron 15R SE 7520.

- Operating System: Windows 10 Professional - version 1703 Bld 15063.332. (Creators Update ...).

- Overall update status: BIOS version is the latest "A11" and all installed device drivers are those currently recommended by Dell web site.

- Note: Network cable itself is OK and the network provider signal exists as other PC’s do not show connection failures with the same cable when tested individually).

I would appreciate any help to solve this problem. 

Thanks in advance.

Mendes_BR

• 

16.7K Posts

June 6th, 2017 10:00

Mendes_BR,

Install/reinstall the chipset drivers, reboot the computer and then install the network card drivers. 

Dell Networking and Wireless Support Center

Inspiron 7520 Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

11 Posts

June 8th, 2017 14:00

Hi, Jesse.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I followed your recommendations but I did not get the expected results. Windows still does not detect the Ethernet network adapter and I still do not have wired connection . I also checked the BIOS and made sure the network is enabled so I do not know what else I could do.

Thank you very much and if you have additional suggestions please let me know.

Regards,

Mendes_BR

• 

16.7K Posts

June 12th, 2017 06:00

Mendes_BR,

Uninstall the creators update. Reboot the computer and then reinstall chipset drivers and reboot the computer. You can then try installing the network drivers.

No Events found!