Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

September 5th, 2006 20:00

Can't access some websites

I have a new Inspiron e1405 system with an internal wireless card. I've noticed that when I try to get onto sites that deal with financial info, I get a Dell message that says the website can't be found. When I try on a different computer on the same network, I can get on the site just fine. Anybody have the same problem?

28K Posts

September 6th, 2006 21:00

See if the following helps:

Cannot access some websites in Internet Explorer

Steve

23 Posts

September 6th, 2006 07:00

Are you using a router at your home to access the net or are you using a hotspot somewhere?  If you are using your router at home, you will have to go into the internal software for the modem and adjust the internal firewall settings in your router.  Your router probably has things blocked in it's firewall. 

4 Posts

September 6th, 2006 15:00

I thought of that too, but other comuters in my house using the same router can access financial sites, so I don't think that's the problem.

23 Posts

September 6th, 2006 16:00

Did you go into the internet options on your laptop and adjust the security and privacy settings?

4 Posts

September 6th, 2006 18:00

Yes, but it doesn't do anything. I turned every security and privacy feature off, and still got the same result.

4 Posts

September 7th, 2006 00:00

Yeah, that  fixed it. Thanks a ton!

7 Posts

March 25th, 2021 12:00

I am also trying to access   from device but It says "cannot connect from the server" .....Everytime it shows same error....But other sites are accessing this web...so please tell me why it is happens. 

1 Message

April 30th, 2022 00:00

Can't access   either!

No Events found!