Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 17th, 2009 19:00

Can't connect to wireless network dell inspiron 6000

I recently cleaned out my hard drive and reinstalled windows xp on my computer. Now I have no network connections and can't seem to set up my wireless connection. I continue to get error messages. Please help!!!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 18th, 2009 01:00

jjg0095,

Since the operating system was re-installed did you remember to go to drivers and downloads, enter your service tag(DO NOT POST SERVICE TAG here or your post will get deleted, since it contains your personal information), and install these drivers in this order.

Desktop System Software or Notebook System Software
Chipset or SMBus driver
Processor Driver (if applicable)
Video
Audio (sound)
Input Drivers (keyboard/mouse)
Modem
Network Card

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 20th, 2009 13:00

jjg0095,

Click on the blue drivers and downloads or click here, it will take you to drivers and downloads. If you choose by service tag, you can enter your service tag number or you can click find my service tag.

Drivers you'll need. I can give you a few but if you enter the service tag number at drivers and downloads, it will narrow down the drivers you need. Please do NOT post your service tag number here.

Desktop System Software or Notebook System Software

Chipset or SMBus driver

Processor Driver (if applicable)

You have to decide

Video

You have to decode

Audio (sound)

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Input Drivers (keyboard/mouse)

Mouse

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Glidepoint sitck pointer

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R113813&SystemID=INS_PNT_6000&servicetag=&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=2514&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=2&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=1&libid=17&fileid=149404

Modem

You need to decide

Network Card

You need to decide

Rick

2 Posts

January 20th, 2009 13:00

PudgyOne,

I am a little bit computer illiterate. How exactly do I do this?

jjg0095

2 Posts

October 5th, 2012 10:00

i am 62 yrs ............all i know is my dell inspiron 6000 worked   on wireless last week at the libary....................verison installed their internet and i cant connect here at home.....................my wireless little tv thing says conected   exclent  and the modem information is on it too...........why cant i conect?...............janeway49

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

October 6th, 2012 00:00

Hi janeway49,

I recommend wireless drivers update for the computer.

1. Visit the following website: http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/19/TroubleShooting/ProductSelector
  2. Enter the Service tag of the computer in the box provided and click “Submit”.
  3. In the next page, click drop down arrow to select the Operating System which is installed in the computer.
  4. Under category Network, select the drivers accordingly and click “Download File” and save the file on desktop.

I have also provided a link below for the wireless issues:

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?&docid=DSN_370078&isLegacy=true

Please let me know if you have any other queries.

2 Posts

October 6th, 2012 11:00

hi thanks for your help so i have down loaded the three drivers.............r85258.....r151519...............r155386............from dell for my inspiron6000 using service tag...........since not on internet...........put on flashdrive............know nothing else ...............please , what i  do and how now

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 7th, 2012 15:00

janeway49,

Make and model of your wireless router and the type os security you're using is helpful. What channel?

Can you run Finding System Information REMOVE YOUR PRODUCT ID, if using XP, run an ipconfig /all log and post it back here.

Rick

No Events found!