Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 17th, 2013 00:00

Cannot find wireless networks.

Hello, I am using a Dell Inspiron 1750  running windows 7 and all of the sudden last night I lost internet connection an was unable to find it again. after searching online i found something that sent me to services to start my WLAN autoconfig but it only gives me the message "error 998 invalid access to memory location" I just want to get back online

953 Posts

May 17th, 2013 01:00

Hi,

I appreciate your researching and finding the fix for the problem. However, before trying advanced troubleshooting such as checking the Services in Windows try some basic troubleshooting steps suggested below:

1. Run “Windows 7 Network Troubleshooter”. To start “Windows 7 Network Troubleshooter” right-click the network icon in the notification area of your taskbar, and then click Troubleshoot problems (see the image below).

2. Check if Wireless Radio switch is on. Use the F2 key to turn wireless switch On.

3. Check the wireless card in Device Manager. If not detected Load BIOS defaults and re-seat the wireless card. To load BIOS defaults, start the BIOS Setup by hitting the F2 key when Dell Logo appears on start-up and then hit the F9 key, save and exit. You can find steps on how to re-seat he wireless card in the Service Manual. You can view/download the service manual from here.

Do reply with results.

May 17th, 2013 18:00

i had tried all of tried all of these solutions already but i tried again to no avail. still nk conne tions found.

May 19th, 2013 10:00

These three solutions did not work. According to them everything is fine

953 Posts

May 21st, 2013 07:00

Hi,

Please try the below mentioned steps and check:

1. Change the Card properties - Advance Properties tab in Device Manager:
    1. Change Channel Number to 6 or 11 and test
    2. Change Mode to " b/g " and test
    3. Disable Bluetooth Collaboration and test
  2. Change Wireless adapter settings in “Power Options”. Change to "Max performance on battery".
  3. Power cycle router (If possible). Power off router for 2 minutes. Restart the computer. Power on the router and try connecting.
  4. Update wireless card drivers and BIOS from "support.dell.com" site using wired connection or download using a different computer and then update.
    Note: Plug your computer to a good, working UPS before you update the BIOS. If you experience a loss of AC power or a significant voltage sag/spike during the BIOS flash, you will either have to buy a new BIOS chip or buy a new motherboard.
  5. Re-seat the Wireless card and the antenna cables.
  6. Run test on wireless card in using PC Checkup in Dell Support Center 3.0. Click here to find steps on how to run diagnostics using PC Checkup in Dell Support Center 3.0.

Do reply with results.

No Events found!