Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

January 23rd, 2008 04:00

Cant install dell wireless 1390 mini-card for Dell Inspiron 6400 XP

Hi im new to this and after i rebooted my comp i cant install my dell wireless 1390 minicard i am completely stuck can someone help me?

Message Edited by kevinavp on 01-23-2008 12:55 AM

Message Edited by kevinavp on 01-23-2008 09:27 PM

28K Posts

January 23rd, 2008 12:00

By "rebootiing" do  you mean that you reformatted the hard drive and resintalled Windows?  IF so, did you install the drivers in the proper order?

Steve

7 Posts

January 24th, 2008 01:00

WOOT I DID THIS STUFF AND GUESS WHAT!!!! IT DIDNT WORK BOY AM I HAPPY I GET ERROR 778 WHEN INSTALLING THE CARRD PLZ HELP

Message Edited by kevinavp on 01-23-2008 09:30 PM

28K Posts

January 24th, 2008 02:00

Please explain!  Did you install the drivers in the correct order immediately after you reformatted and reinstalled Windows or did you install some drivers, read then read the message in my last post, and go back in and try to install the drivers in the correct order.  If you even attempted to install other drivers before the chipset drivers were loaded, it probably did not work.  You could try going in and uninstalling all drivers, then load the chipset drivers, then the other drivers, but usually this doesn't work either, and the only thing to do is start all over - reformatting, reinstalling Windows, then installing the drivers in the correct order.

Steve

7 Posts

January 24th, 2008 23:00

i did reformat and install driver but i dont know what is the correct order my computer is a dell inspiron 6400 btw can u help me install stuff in the correct order? i pmed u my service tag so plz look in there its called "Kevinavp Service tag help install"

28K Posts

January 25th, 2008 00:00

The document I post before tells you the correct order.  

click that link!!!

You can't install in the wrong order and then just reinstall the drivers in the correct order.  As I said before you will probably after start over from the beginning and then after reformatting and installing Windows, install the drivers in the correct order.  For your system.

install first - Notebook System Software
then install - Mobile Chipset
audio drivers - STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio
video drivers - 945GM Graphics Controller
ethernet network driver - 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller
wireless network driver - Wireless 1390 WLAN MiniCard
touchpad drivers - Touchpad
modem driver - D110,HDA,MDC,v.92,modem
Quickset Utility - QuickSet

Good luck.

Steve

28K Posts

May 20th, 2008 04:00

I'm not sure what you are asking.  You need to install those drivers on the hard disk of your broken computer.  You will have to download them on a computer with a working internet connection, then find someway to transfer them to your broken computer.  This can be by USB flash drive or CD-R/RW.

Steve

7 Posts

May 20th, 2008 04:00

Do i need to install those on a disk?
No Events found!