Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 4th, 2012 03:00

DELL inspiron n5030 wireless driver displays no compatible Hardware found

when tryin to install new WLAN driver of the following details from dell website wit my service tag

WLAN half mini card 1501

it displays no compatible hardware found

pls help!!!!!!

1 Message

October 10th, 2012 10:00

Email id removed per privacy policy> - I'm fairly competent

I've followed all this ..  the BIOS says Bluetooth enabled,  but the Device Manager can't see it

I went back and checked my order/invoice which says     ' Email id removed per privacy policy> No Bluetooth Upgrade'   - I never noticed this at ordering process ...

Obviously I've not used bluetooth in 18 months - and never noticed before,  and can't find Infra-red either...

I find it very confusing why would Dell make this stuff so difficult ?

Barry

1.1K Posts

September 4th, 2012 06:00

Hi KRISTBOI,

Please make sure the wireless is enabled in the BIOS. Below are the steps along with the screen shots:

• Restart your system and keep tapping “F2” as soon as the Dell logo appears.
  • Once the system is in BIOS, highlight “Wireless” using up and down keys and press enter.
  • Under “Wireless devices”, make sure “Enable Internal Wireless WLAN” and “Enable Internal Bluetooth” are checked. If not, check both of them and select “Apply”.

• Go to “Wireless Switch” and check “Wireless WLAN” and “Bluetooth” both and then select “Apply”.

Go to “Device Manager” and check if the wireless card is getting detected:

• Click on “Start” and right click on “Computer” and click on “Manage”.
  • Click on “Device Manager”.
  • Go to “Network adapter” and see if you see wireless card displayed.

Also, make sure the wireless is switched on within the operating system. Pressing “F2” should enable wireless. If “F2” does not work, press and hold “Fn” key and press “F2” to enable wireless.

Once you are done with the above steps, you can try installing the wireless card drivers from the following link(s):

Install the wireless driver depending on the operating system version on your system.

You can check the operating system version using the following steps:

• Click on “Start” and right click on “Computer”.
  • Click on “Properties”.
  • A window will open which will have the operating system version.

Keep me posted. Please reply for any questions.

No Events found!