Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 20th, 2009 09:00

Dell 1397 Wireless Drivers with sysprep

I am adding drivers for the 1397 wireless network adapter since there was a mis-order (Normally order Intel) and the driver installs with

bcmwl5.inf

bcmwl5.sys

bcmwl564.sys

bcm43xx.cat

bcm43xx64.cat

but the device installs and returns "Windows cannot load this device due to corrupted or missing drivers (code 39)." I have re-downloaded the newest drivers from dell with the same results. All other devices for this model install correctly with sysprep. If you are curious, this is on a M4400 laptop. Any clues?

1.7K Posts

February 20th, 2009 11:00

Am I correct that this is for a clean install?  I'm showing the full list of drivers for the Precision M4400 is:

• Dell™ Notebook System Software
  • Intel® Mobile Chipset Driver
  • IDT® STAC 9205 Audio Driver
  • Mobile Intel® GMA X4500 Video Controller
  • NVIDIA Quadro® NVS 160M
  • Ricoh R5C8xx Cardbus Controller
  • Intel Flash Cache Logic Chip (Intel Turbo Memory)
  • Dell Control Point Security Manager
  • Intel® 82567LM GigaLAN Network Controller
  • Wireless driver (if applicable)
  • MDC driver (modem)
  • Dell Touch Pad Driver
  • Bluetooth® driver and stack
  • SOL/LMS Driver (Optional: Needed for Intel AMT functionality only)
  • HECI Driver (Optional: Needed for Intel AMT functionality only)

If the Dell Notebook System Software isn't being installed that might be the problem.

2 Posts

June 12th, 2009 14:00

Well, I'm not quite sure I'm at the right place but I spend a day searching for a driver for my Insp 1545. I bought it w/o OS and installed XP prof. I managed to install every driver except for the wifi connection. I tried the official site and yes I chose XP but useless.

Pls help me!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 12th, 2009 16:00

roboci,

The Desktop/Notebook Utility needs to be installed first, then the chipset drivers. If they are NOT installed first, then the rest of the drivers will fail to install.

Since the operating system was re-installed did you remember to go to drivers and downloads, enter your service tag(DO NOT POST SERVICE TAG here or your post will get deleted, since it contains your personal information), and install these drivers in this order.

:emotion-55: Hint :emotion-55: When downloading the drivers, make a folder for each drivers and name it with the device it belongs with to make it easier to install them in the proper order.

Desktop System Software or Notebook System Software
Chipset or SMBus driver
Processor Driver (if applicable)
Video
Audio (sound)
Input Drivers (keyboard/mouse)
Modem
Network Card

QuickSet(Laptop only)

Rick

2 Posts

June 13th, 2009 02:00

Dear Rick,

Thank you for the hint, it is true that I was lazy to read about the proper order.

Now I installed the Utility than ran the setup of the chipset driver again.

There are two recommended drivers for wifi from DELL. First I tried R202361. It went through the install process without error. Nothing changed though, No sign of a wifi network access possibility. Then I tried R201509. The setup stops with an error message saying the device was not connected or had been diconnected, re-insert the card.

Moreover I checked the ID of the wifi card which is Dell 1397, but these drivers are for 1515 and 5100.

Any other idea?

Thx.

Rob

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 13th, 2009 09:00

Rob,

Dell Wireless WLAN 1397 Half MiniCard (4312bg) but I see these are for Vista 32-bit & 64-bit. Dell has them for other models, so it maybe possible to locate one that will work in your computer with XP. I saw another post and they tried the drivers from here.

They may or may not work on XP. If not, then you can try finding one from here.

Rick

No Events found!