Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 30th, 2009 20:00

Dell Axim PDA Wifi!! Please help!

Okay so I have never owned a PDA before.  I would like one that access the internet through my wireless router at my home or at a coffee shop, etc... I have spent 4 days looking at PDA's I can afford right now and have come to the Axim x30, x50 and x51! (on ebay) I am just confused with how they connect online.  I thought if the listing said WLAN that meant wifi ready but one guy says WLAN in his listing and says he has an SDIO card and said his x30 needed the card to connect! Well how are you supposed to know which model does and does not need and SDIO or CF card! I saw another post where a gal came to the conclusion with responders it depends on the MHZ! But how do you tell! If you look at the specs it shoudl be clear but its not! I see a lot of wifi bluetooth and I take that as long as you have a cell then you can get wifi through it but I dont have that! Im about to buy an ipodtouch! LOL Sounds easier! I talked to dell and they said all Axims are wifi ready and dont need anything to connect! Thats a lie! LOL

Please help! By the way I have dsl with a belkin router!

1 Message

March 25th, 2010 11:00

X50 416 MHz, ppc2003SE - NO wifi

X50v  624MHz, ppc2003SE  - has wifi

-----------------------------------

X51 416 Mhz, WM5 - no wifi

X51 525 Mhz, WM5 - has wifi

X51v 614 MHz, WM5 - has wifi

usedipaq.com

2 Posts

August 29th, 2010 10:00

X50 520 MHz, ppc200SE HAS wifi