Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 1st, 2012 19:00

Dell P73W AIO Printer

I'm trying to configure my Dell printer to my Dell desktop wireless.  I've gone through the process and it is not working.  I've attached the two via cable when trying and they don't seem to find each other.  The IP address on the printer is 00.00.00.00.....from what I have read it needs to be #'s.  How and where do I find this......pls.....any help would be greatly appreciated.......

113 Posts

September 2nd, 2012 00:00

Hi,

The printer displays an IP Address 0.0.0.0 when it is unable to connect to a network. Reset the printer to factory defaults to fix the issue.

Power off the printer. Press and hold the Start button and the cancel button together and then power on the printer. Dell logo should come up and printer prompts to choose a location.

Complete the initial set up.

Please disconnect the USB cable that runs from the printer to the computer and uninstall the printer driver by using third party uninstaller software. Here is a link to download one.

http://bit.ly/PDR00V

Install the software and uninstall the printer driver using the Advanced Uninstall option from the software.

The software prompts to delete the Registry keys corresponding to the printer driver. Select all and delete them.

Restart the computer to remove any traces of the printer software.

Perform the steps mentioned below and ensure that the services required for the printer to work are started.

1. Press the “Windows + R” to launch the run window.
  2. Type “Services.msc” in the run window and hit the Enter key.

Right click each service mentioned below, click properties. Set the startup type as “Automatic” from the drop down menu and click “Start”.

The services to be enabled are:

1. Human Interface Devices (HID).
  2. Printer Spooler.
  3. RPC (Remote Procedure Call).
  4. RPC Locator (Remote Procedure Call Locator).
  5. Windows image acquisition (WIA).
  6. Windows Installer.

Download the printer driver from the link below.

NOTE: Please do not connect the printer using the USB cable to the computer prior to installing the drivers. Ensure that the printer is powered on.

1. Download the printer driver from the support site.
  2. Enter the service tag and click “submit”.
  3. Choose the Operating System and download the setup file to the desktop.
  4. Double-Click on the downloaded file.
  5. Click “Yes”, when the utility prompts to extract the files.
  6. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
  7. Connect the printer using the USB cable when prompted.

Please let me know if this helps.

No Events found!