Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 23rd, 2011 05:00

Dell Studio, Win7 - Won't connect to new AT&T Uverse Wireless?

Hello all - and thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

We just had AT&T uverse installed in our apartment yesterday, including wireless internet.  We have two laptops in the house - the first runs Vista, and it found and connected to the new wireless signal no problem.  

The second computer (Dell Studio laptop) runs Win7, and it see's the signal, but when it tell it to connect, it says, "Windows was unable to connect to this network."  It doesn't even take me to the step where I'd fill in the network password.

I spent an hour with AT&T support last night, and they tried quite a few things before finally saying it is either a Dell or Windows problem.  I've done a bit of searching and it seems this is a somewhat common problem, but I haven't been able to find a thread which gives a firm solution.  Some suggested a driver issue.

I could use a little help here, before I'm forced to call Dell support and pay the fee for them helping me.  

Any thoughts?  Thank you!

3 Posts

February 23rd, 2011 06:00

Thanks for the link - I'm at work now but I'll try these steps when I get home later today.

1 Message

February 23rd, 2011 08:00

Hello Wings3496

I am a manager with our AT&T Social Media Team.

I'll be happy to engage our U-verse team to investigate the issues you're experiencing. Please email me: < ADMIN NOTE : Email id removed per privacy policy > with the following information:

Contact number

Name on account

U-verse Account number

Service address

Please include your Dell Community Screen Name and reference number SMS-42144 in the subject line.

Thanks,

Natasha-AT&T Customer Care

3 Posts

February 23rd, 2011 12:00

I got home and tried the first two solutions suggested in the link provided by ieee488 and they worked!  Thank you ieee488!

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

February 23rd, 2011 16:00

Excellent!  Glad that worked for you.  :emotion-2:

No Events found!