Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 7th, 2014 10:00

Dell Venue Wireless Connection Fail

I have had my Venue for a few weeks now, and haven't had any problems with it until today. I was using the wireless connection when it stopped suddenly. I then noticed the internet wasn't connected. After doing a bit of trouble shooting, I came up with this message "The Dell Wireless 1538 802.11 a/g/n Adapter adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware- related problems." I find this driver the Dell website, and planned to just download it onto my PC and then transfer it over to my Venue(since obviously I couldn't download it straight to my tablet without WIFI). So I plugged in the USB cable that it comes with, the one for the charger, and my PC doesn't pick up that anything is even plugged in to it. How do I resolve this problem for a virtually brand new product? It isn't my wireless router, that works. Thanks, JC

March 21st, 2014 17:00

I am having the exact same problem as of today, March 21, 2014.

1 Message

April 3rd, 2014 21:00

I have had this problem 3 times now.  This device becomes nothing more than a paperweight without WiFi.  Dell wants you to do all the diagnostics via their website, which obviously doesn't work with this device when the WiFi breaks.  You have to call support, get routed through 4 wrong departments, eventually talk to someone who knows how to solve the issue.  The walk you through several steps and then reboot.  It will then work for about a month, then you get to repeat the whole debacle.  There is something wrong with the driver or the hardware that they need to remedy.

Steps:

1.Go to search , type in device manager

2. Under Network adapters select the Dell wireless 802.11 a/g/n

3. Tap and hold, select uninstall

4. This will bring up a pop up window, make sure the box in this window is UN-checked, then select uninstall

5. Reboot

This might solve the problem.  If not you will need to uninstall several windows updates

Go to control panel/ programs and features and pull up the list of windows updates.  The offending updates are:

KB2887595

KB2883200

KB2903939

Uninstall these and reboot.  This solves my issue every time.  Sometimes after the first step sometimes after the second.  Dells response to when I asked how to keep this problem from happening in the future was to 'turn off the automatic windows updates'.  This will ensure that the offending updates wont get downloaded again, but neither will any other updates.  The problem is two fold, one there is problems with the device driver which is on Dell.  The second is a problem with the windows updates being incompatible with the device drivers.  This is on both Dell and Microsoft.  The tablet is great, when it works, but this is a BIG problem that alot of people are experiencing.  It needs to be fixed.

1 Message

August 7th, 2015 11:00

thank you for the details of my problem. it comes and goes but I am hoping a windows 10 udate will fix as it seems dell is not interested in its customers

1 Message

December 1st, 2015 15:00

I have just had the same problem...using Windows 10.  Your suggested remedy seems to have worked.  Thank you.

1 Message

February 8th, 2016 13:00

Hi

Thanks for this answer. It worked the first time I had the problem.

But I've just tried it a second time and it hasn't re-installed the network adapter.

It's completely disappeared.

And I can't reinstall it without the Internet?!

Any advice would be very much appreciated! Thanks

No Events found!