Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 28th, 2013 05:00

Dell Wireless 1703 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz) in VOSTRO 3360: problems

Hi, 

I have a new Dell Vostro 3360 with a Dell Wireless 1703 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz) card. No internet access (wireless) from my home (other notebooks work perfect). LAN works fine. I have a AVM Fritz!Box 7360SL router at home.

On the other hand, wireless internet works fine at my lab (here : 802.11g, unsecured hotspot).

Installed latest drivers and did even a clean re-installation (Windows 7 ultimate or professional) - problem remained.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Ben

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

March 28th, 2013 11:00

Hi Ben,

Please check in safe mode with networking if you are able to go online.

To check in safe mode with networking follow the below steps:

1. Restart the computer.
  2. Keep tapping F8 on the Dell Logo Screen.
  3. Once the computer enters Advanced Boot Option, select Safe Mode with Networking.
  4. Press Enter.

Check if the computer is able to go online wirelessly in safe mode with networking.

If you are able to go online using the wireless network in safe mode with networking reboot the computer normally and run MS fixit. Use the below link

Link: http://bit.ly/HPsyBy

Click the link above and select Run now. Try to connect to the wireless networks and post the results.

Please post the results.

March 28th, 2013 13:00

Sorry but that doesn't solve the problem.

Ben

March 31st, 2013 13:00

OK, found the solution. Had to change the router: AVM Fritz!Box 7360SL router - channel: 300 Mbit/s optimierte Funkkanäle nutzen - Maximale Sendeleistung: OFF !

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

April 1st, 2013 22:00

Hi Ben,

I must appreciate the ease with which you handled this technical issue on your computer. I am glad to hear the system is working fine, please feel free to reply if you need any further assistance.

No Events found!