Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 5th, 2012 03:00

Dell Wireless 1704 802.11b/g/n Cannot connect to Cisco Router

Is this only me or others also are facing problems with this new dell driver I had to upgrade to when I upgraded to Windows 8

When I had windows 7 Home Premium it had an Intel driver I suppose and now I have the Dell driver

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

December 5th, 2012 07:00

Hi sidgv,

It could be annoying when the wireless card fails to connect to the router. To provide a resolution to this issue, we need further information:

1. The system model (E.g. XPS 15z):
2. Any error message that you receive while trying to connect to the Cisco router:

Please reply to this message with the requested information.

4 Posts

December 5th, 2012 09:00

@Rajath N

Laptop Model No - Dell Inspiron 5520

Cannot conect to router

I have tried connecting atleast 10 times, Restarted My PC, Removed battery and then started PC but still then I cant

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

December 10th, 2012 16:00

Hi sidgv,

Thank you for your reply and apologize for the delay in responding your request. I suggest you to update the BIOS, Chipset and Wireless drivers and check if it fixes the issue. You can download the drivers from the following links:

BIOS: http://dell.to/UwLlYT

Chipset: http://dell.to/PXPnfp

Wireless: http://dell.to/UubTYC

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

4 Posts

December 11th, 2012 00:00

All the three above have been re-installed,

did not work unfortunately.

I think my router does not support the Dell driver whereas when I had windows 7 it had an Intel driver and everything worked fine.

Any solution for this?

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

December 11th, 2012 16:00

Hi sidgv,

Thank you for your reply and for providing an update on the status. We will be able determine the card installed on you system using the system Service Tag. I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name ‘DELL-Rajath N ’highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide the system’s Service Tag and contact details(including the name on the account) so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message. Please let me know if this helps.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 11th, 2012 19:00

sidgv,

Go to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag number, then select your operating system. Under Network, download and install the latest drivers.

Try these tweaks....

Start, control panel, device manager. Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Click on advanced, look for antenna diversity. Change the antenna diversity from Auto to Aux.

Go to the power options, and changed the Wireless Adapter Setting, from Maximum Power Setting to Maximum Performance.

Rick

4 Posts

December 12th, 2012 00:00

Sorry sir even that did not work for me.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 12th, 2012 03:00

sidgv,

Were you able to change the antenna diversity from auto to aux?

Make and model of your wirelesss router and the type of security you're using? What channel?

Rick

64 Posts

January 7th, 2013 11:00

Hi sidgv,

Uninstalled Dell Wireless driver as dell will/not going too provided update for the same as they will only quote with not  known issue and if u say its on community site they would say its just been posted by customer if u like dell keep it or dispose it off as now days WLN card in dell have major problem.

step1:uninstalled dell wireless-Restart laptop

step2:install the driver from leveno site that is Broadcom BCM43142 Wireless LAN Driver (802.11b/g/n)

link here:support.lenovo.com/.../detail.page

let me know if this helps you.

64 Posts

January 7th, 2013 11:00

Hi Sidgv,

Uninstalled Dell Wireless driver as dell will/not going too provided update for the same as they will only quote with not  known issue and if u say its on community site they would say its just been posted by customer if u like dell keep it or dispose it off as now days WLN card in dell have major problem.

step1:uninstalled dell wireless-Restart laptop

step2:install the driver from leveno site link here:support.lenovo.com/.../detail.page

let me know if this helps you.

No Events found!