Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 3rd, 2009 22:00

Dell Wireless 360 bluetooth problem

Hello Larry,

I see that you are an Online Liaison at Dell, probably you can give me input of my problem with Bluetooth device Radio on issue?

Here is the story, i have XPS M1330 which downgraded to WinXP, and when i install the bluetooth drivers, it ask me to switch the bluetooth switch on, or press Fn+F2, where it has been switched on. I look into the BIOS, it's enabled. I tried to install with the patch (R159805, for BT355 issue) no luck. I tried to switch on and off during driver installation --> can't also.  i installed various drivers --> also not good. For all those efforts done, it says like this always: "switch the bluetooth switch on, or press Fn+F2" during the beginning of the driver installation.

I have tried to reinstall Vista (clean install from Dell Media Direct installation cd), but then again, it ask me the same question. Unfortunately, i have deleted the Recovery Partition, so i don't have an option to do Factory Image Recovery, where bluetooth is not an issue. Where the bluetooth is not an issue in Vista pre-installed in XPS, supposed this bluetooth issue can be solved in Vista clean reinstallation. But again, no luck. This' where i stuck.

And from the troubleshooting page at Dell (Bluetooth trouble when downgrading from Vista to XP), i saw from the page source of this issue, that for BT355, they have the R159805 for the solution. But still didn't work on me.

Could you help me with this? Thanks in advance!

Dani.

1.7K Posts

February 4th, 2009 12:00

Dani, I split your post off into its own thread because it did not have anything to do with the original topic you posted under.

If Fn+F2 or the Bluetooth software does not let you toggle the radio on/off, then you might want to check the Advanced Properties tab for the Bluetooth adapter in Device Manager.  If I remember correctly there is a radio option there.  I am not that familiar with the DW360 card, however, since that came out after I stopped working in tech support.

In the past when I've had a customer with similiar problems, however, the solution was sometimes to completely strip all the software for bluetooth from the system (remove from Add & Remove Programs, then uninstall any remaining entries from Device Manager) then reboot, cancelling any "Found New Hardware" messages, and installing the latest driver/software for the bluetooth card.

3 Posts

February 7th, 2009 22:00

Hello again Larry,

Quoted: "I am not that familiar with the DW360 card" --> So you're saying that my XPS M1330 is equipped w/BT 360 instead of BT 355?

In that case, Dell site said there were no solutions yet for BT 360 (on troubleshooting page).

So, this device which listed on my XPS device manager details as VID_413 PID_8140, can i have the driver for Windows XP from the manufacturer website? was Dell the manufacturer of this device, or another company? do you know where the manufacturer address to download drivers for it? since my goal was to install Windows XP on this machine..

Umm, quoted: "I stopped working in tech support" --> if you no longer in that field, then, could you introduce me in this forum to someone who's on that field at present, who maybe could help me with my Bluetooth problem? (if my question about the drivers download above still can't be solved of course)

Thank you Larry!

1.7K Posts

February 9th, 2009 08:00

I may have accidentaly gotten the number wrong when I moved your original post.  Most, if not all, of my team had experience in tech support, however, none of us currently are part of it.  Our primary job is to moderate things, and field questions you guys have that typically only Dell would have the answer to.  This is a user-to-user website, not a customer-to-Dell site, after all.

To the best of my knowledge the 355 and 360 cards are almost identical in how they and their control software operates.  The info I provided should apply to both cards.  The latest driver from Dell will be on the support site.  I believe the 355 and 360 bluetooth cards use the Toshiba drivers if you wanted to try the actual manufacturers version.  I can't guaruntee they will work, but I can't think of a reason they wouldn't.

1 Message

August 20th, 2009 20:00

hi larry sorry to make another post not associated with the one above but i coudnt work out how to make a topic directed at you.

I have a vostro 1710 with a 360 bluetooth module and about a year ago i managed to disable the bluetooth and now i cant work out how to re enable it .

hope you can help.

cheers alan

3 Posts

July 19th, 2010 21:00

Hello again Larry,

It's been approximately a year since our last conversation of Dell XPS M1330 bluetooth 360 problems i have.

I just want to inform you or anyone who seeks information for this problem, that i've found the solution.

Here's the link to what i've posted in another forum earlier. Hope this helps anyone in needs for bluetooth 360 solution.

Cheers.. :)

No Events found!