V_t_tran
1 Copper

Dell XPS13 9343 wifi problems

Hi there

I am having wifi problems on XPS13 9393. Wifi was working fine and then suddenly dropped out whilst i was using. Networks can be detected but cannot connect. Probably not a network issue because I have tried restarting network, using other networks, plus other devices I have are connecting to the network is fine.

Have also checked drivers and it says the driver I have is the most up to date - "Dell Wireless 1560 802.11ac". I have also disabled the minimum power consumption on the wifi hardware. When in starting in Safe Mode with Network Access, I also cannot connect to any networks.

This laptop has had a history of issues when it was under warranty, including replacing the monitor and sound driver.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

RE: Dell XPS13 9343 wifi problems

What operating system? How long had you had the system prior to the networking issue? Did the issue show up after running Windows updates?

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Technical Support (Desktops, Monitors, Laptops)
0 Kudos
V_t_tran
1 Copper

I've had the laptop for almost 2 years. I used to have some other glitchy problems related to audio and screen flickering running on Windows 7 but updated to Windows 10 about a year ago. I haven't had any issues with the laptop until now. Not sure if there was any Windows update prior to the problem. If the WIndows update was the problem, how do I undo the update?

0 Kudos

The easiest way is to run the Windows 10 system restore to a day before the updates ran.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Technical Support (Desktops, Monitors, Laptops)
0 Kudos
V_t_tran
1 Copper

Thanks for the tips Chris but I have tried restoring the system and it doesn't work, even in safe mode. The error message is:

"System Restore failed.

Source: AppxStaging

Destination: %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps

An unspecified error occurred during System Restore (0x80070091)"

Same message comes up in both normal and safe mode restore.

Any thoughts on whether this is a hardware or software issue?

Only other thing I can think of now is to do a factory restore but that will wipe everything I have on the laptop.

0 Kudos
V_t_tran
1 Copper

So I figured this out about a couple of months ago. Turns out it wasn't a hardware problem but software. I could not restore the factory settings using Dell's system programs so had to go full reset using Window. Once that was done, whatever the problem was it was eliminated and I wifi was working again.

0 Kudos