Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 16th, 2017 06:00

Ethernet does not work when connected to docking station (E-port) with Broadcom network adaptater

Exactly the same issue than previous topic "Ethernet does not work when connected to docking station (E-port)" on a DELL latitude E5420 tried with both a docking station PR03X and PR02X.

When I connect Ethernet cable to laptop without docking station it works fine. But when it is connected through Docking station it does not recognize the connection (ethernet RJ45 connector does not even lights).

I tried all the proposal : remove (all) conections except RJ45, update the BIOS to lastest version, and I went to the Network adaptaters properties, but in my case the network card is a "Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller" and I could not find the "Energy Efficient Ethernet" option. 

Looking for help.

Regards,

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

September 19th, 2017 04:00

Hi vincenlolo,

Thanks for posting.

Your post doesn't indicate which OS you are using.  Your Latitude E5420 supports these operating systems:
Windows XP
FreeDOS
Windows 8, 64-bit
Windows Vista, 64-bit
Windows XP, 64-bit
Windows 7, 32-bit
BIOS
Windows 7, 64-bit
Ubuntu 10.10
Windows 8, 32-bit
Windows Vista, 32-bit

Here is a link to the support page so if you are using one of the above OS.  You may wish to reload the docking profile drivers.  http://dell.to/2wDooeY

No Events found!