Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

August 11th, 2015 10:00

Ethernet does not work when connected to docking station (E-port)

I just bought a Dell E7450 and having issues with Ethernet connection. When I connect Ethernet cable to laptop without docking station it works fine. But when it is connected through Docking station it does not recognize the connection. I have tried swapping the docking station and re-installing the driver without success.

3 Posts

August 26th, 2019 10:00

I fought with this problem for many hours and the ONLY thing that gave me a reliable ethernet connection was to force the port to 100Mb/Full.  Gigabit speed never worked reliably as it would disconnect for a few seconds every couple minutes.  None of the suggestions in this thread helped.  I'm on Linux.

1 Message

August 27th, 2019 12:00

The disable Energy Efficient Ethernet option is the only setting that has resolved this issue for me (on an E7470). Our IT department recommending installing all of the latest recommended Windows updates. I did so but there was no change in the lack of auto-connect functionality.

1 Message

August 29th, 2019 05:00

when I disable energy efficient ethernet, network adapter stopped working even when connected without the dock

3 Posts

November 14th, 2019 07:00

This issue is finally fixed on Linux kernel 5.3.  I'm now seeing stable gigabit ethernet on my e5570 when docked.

For full 1Gbps I also needed this:

ethtool -K eth0 tso off gso off

Ref:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=def4ec6dce393e2136b62a05712f35a7fa5f5e56

December 9th, 2019 11:00

If you have the Dell Realtek USB driver installed, it is buggy. Uninstall it and install the one from the realtek website instead. Once I did that, my ethernet has been stable. None of the other solutions had worked for me (device manager, older driver, power settings)

1 Message

February 7th, 2020 05:00

The fix provided by @MohamedUvaiz  worked for me.

Some background:

I'm using a D6000 dock with an XPS13 2019 laptop.

For the original dock, I had updated the firmware and all drivers related to ethernet.  Likewise I had updated all drivers for the XPS related to network/ethernet.  Yet I was unable to access my network at work or internet.

Dell provided a new D6000 but I was still unable to access the internet (although this time I was apparently able to access the network).  I also updated the firmware and drivers for the new dock.  Still no success.

Following Mohamed's advice, I entered the MAC address printed on the label under the dock (without dashes) and it worked!

(Note using the pass-through MAC address (the one my network actually sees) did not work.)

Thanks very much to @MohamedUvaiz !!!

1 Message

April 30th, 2021 06:00

Latitude E7450 and E-Port Plus (PR02X) with original power supply. I have to reduce connection speed to 10 Mbit/s full duplex to get a stable connection. I bought a second docking and it is the same. Tested with actual dr4iver and 12.15.23.1 from 2016.

1 Message

March 8th, 2022 17:00

This Mac address fix also works for Windows 11.  

No Events found!