Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 28th, 2016 23:00

[HELP] Dell Inspiration 15 3000 Series Network Adapter Connection Problem (Windows 10 Compatibility?)

I've been having a recurring problem with my wifi that comes and goes at random times and at random locations. I recently bought a Dell Inspiration 15 3000 Series which, I must admit, is a fantastic computer with one glaring flaw: the network adapter. It tends to be unpredictable as to when or where it'll happen or as to why, but most commonly, it'll work fine at startup but randomly, the wifi will "flicker" on and off, then eventually, after useless troubleshoots, it'll just say "No Connections Available" and I'll have no internet. The wireless adapter is Disabled and CANNOT be Enabled. The only solution troubleshooter offers is to plug in an Ethernet, but that doesn't solve the issue of a broken wireless adapter...

It came with a Dell Wireless 1704 802.11 Adapter and it appears to be incompatible with Windows 10. The computer itself came with Windows 10, so I can't revert Windows 8, or what have you.

I have tried nearly every trick on the internet. I've done most all things I could find, be it resetting the IP, turning off the "turn off wireless adapter to save power", setting Power Options to Maximum Performance, and everything else. Can anyone help? Or did Dell sell me a faulty Wifi Adapter with no solution? PLEASE HELP! Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

February 29th, 2016 10:00

No Events found!