Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 6th, 2013 14:00

Half Mini Wifi Card: N4010 does not see 5Ghz freq of the router -- > Any Replacement wifi dual band card ? Please suggest.

Hi,

I am having Dell's Inspiron Series 14R / n4010 laptop. The wifi card is not dual band nor catches all networks in the area. Signal Strength is slways issue.

Please tell me how good is Intel's Centrino 6300 - N Ultimate card as possible replacement ? How to replace this card with old one. Please remember, there are large number of Wifi / radios in vicinity, that is whay I need dual band and 5 Ghz  workable solution.

Regards,

Praveer Verma.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 6th, 2013 19:00

Hi Praveer,

Yes Intel® Centrino® Ultimate-N 6300 is a dual band card which supports both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. You can refer to Wireless MINI- Card section in the link below to remove and replace the wireless card in Dell Inspiron 14R N4010.

http://bit.ly/YWTwmf

Please let me know if this helps.

5 Posts

September 9th, 2013 00:00

Dear Ravi,

Thanks for pointing me to right upgrade. The PDF / Manual does not download, It is failling every time I open that link after some time.

I have few questions though:

1. Is this (Intel® Centrino® Ultimate-N 6300) best available upgrade for Dell Inspiron n4010 (14R) Laptop ? I have heard intel 5300 dual channel performing better than 6300 card. Feel free to suggest any other card. It has to be dual band, with great reception, Max throughput at 300Mb/s & 5 GHz. Mode.

2. What is the best place to by such upgrades ( in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India) , clearly Dell does not have them ? Can your engineers replace the cards ( I will prefer that).

Current Issues encountered:

1. The Wifi connection gets dropped suddenly, and the network is missing from the wireless Network Connections list. I have to disable Wifi and enable to connect back. If I refresh the n/w list, the network is shown but we cannot connect to it.

2. This issue occurs every hour, basically after working for some time. Never happened when laptop is just started

Note: I have disabled the Device Power Management from Advance Tab so that Computer cannot disable the device to save power.

Regards,

Praveer.

5 Posts

September 10th, 2013 02:00

Can Dell Engineers perform this replacement of the Wireless Card in Ahmedabad (India, Gujarat) ? if so what is the estimated time and budget to consider.

Regards, 

Praveer.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 11th, 2013 18:00

Hi Praveer,

You can go for any of these following cards but finding them in INDIAN market would take some time. Intel Wireless 7260 is the latest.

• Intel Centrino® Ultimate-N 6300.
  • Dell Wireless 1550 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WLAN/BT Combo Half Mini-Card.
  •  Intel Wireless 7260 and Bluetooth Combo Card.

You can contact our Dell Carry-In Service Centers for any repairs at following address.

- Ground Floor, No-6 Galaxy Bazaar,Opp SNL Financial, Sunrise Park Road, Vastrapur, Ahmedabad 380054 (Near Himalaya Mall) ph no. 079-40371313 Monday to Saturday 9:30AM - 6:30PM.

Also, please try opening the PDF / Manual on different browser. 

No Events found!