Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 22nd, 2005 04:00

Help Can't connect my laptop via LAN cable RJ-45 to a large network or to another PC

Can't connect my laptop via LAN cable RJ-45 to a large network or to another PC but I can connect to a ADSL modem via RJ-45 network cable.  Have tried both normal and cross connect cables.

I have a new Dell 6000 Inspiron.

I've looked everywhere in properties, settings, control panel, help, etc.... and don't find that option.

Help

28K Posts

December 22nd, 2005 13:00

When you connect to another PC, you need to connect with a cross-over cable.  When connecting to these various devices does the link light near the RJ45 socket on the Inspiron light up when the physical connection is made?

When you say "I've looked everywhere in properties, settings, control panel, help, etc.... and don't find that option", what option are you looking for?

Steve

29 Posts

December 22nd, 2005 16:00

yes i have both types of cables and have tried both: normal and cross-over

yes the green light is on and the yellow light blinks sometimes on my laptop when i connect the cable from my laptop to my modem or to my other pc; I just discovered them :-O     I will look at those lights when I connect to the library's large network.

Im looking for ANY option that may allow my laptop to see other pcs and communicate with anything in ANY way via LAN cable.

is there ANY software that i can put on both PCs that will load ANY drivers to get them to communicate and debug the links ?????   There must be something !!!!!????

No Events found!