bvekki1
1 Copper

How do I connect wirelessly?

I have a Dell Studio desktop & have always had it connected via an Ethernet cable but now I've moved house I need to connect it wirelessly to my router. What do I need to buy to enable me to do this?
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: How do I connect wirelessly?

Hi Bvekki1,

You will be able to establish wireless connectivity with the router if your computer has a wireless card. There are different models available for Studio desktops. Please reply with the exact system model so that I could check if it is built with an in-built wireless card. If not, you may either purchase a PCI card wireless adapter that fits into the system (if a slot available in the system); or you may also use a USB wireless adapter.

You may check the system configuration of your system. Please click on the link http://dell.to/QjjZDA -> type the service tag of the computer -> click on System Configuration tab and scan your computer.

Please reply if you have any questions.

Thanks & Regards,
Appu S
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell’s Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Orders & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA, India. For Dell Support Videos, click Here.

0 Kudos
bvekki1
1 Copper

Thanks for your reply. I don't think it has a wireless card. The configuration is as follows:

QuantityDescription

1D035416

1STUDIO DESKTOP 540MT : INTEL CORE 2 DUO

1SHIP ACCESSORY : ENGLISH DOCS WITH UK/IR

1RESOURCE DVD : STUDIO DESKTOP 540MT DIAG

1MEMORY DUAL CHANNEL 2GB (2X1024MB) 800MH

1HARD DRIVE 500GB SERIAL ATA NON RAID (72

1OPTICAL DRIVE : 16X DVD+/-RW DRIVE INCLU

1ROXIO SOFTWARE - CREATOR / MYDVD (SOFTWA

1DISPLAY : 18.5IN S1909WN UK/IRISH BLACK

1GRAPHICS : 256 MB ATI RADEON HD 3450

1AUDIO INTEGRATED HDA DOLBY DIGITAL CAPAB

1SPEAKERS NOT INCLUDED

1MODEM NOT INCLUDED

1DELL BLACK 2 BUTTON USB SCROLL OPTICAL M

1KEYBOARD NOT INCLUDED

1OPERATING SYSTEM : ENGLISH WINDOWS VISTA

1ENG OFFICE AND WORKS TRIAL(NO MEDIA)

1DELL SUPPORT CENTER 2.0

1ENGLISH MCAFEE 10 SECURITY CENTRE 30 DAY

11YR LIMITED WARRANTY - COLLECT & RETURN

1NO WARRANTY UPGRADE

1NO ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE SUPPORT

1DATASAFE ONLINE BACKUP 2GB

1DATASAFE ONLINE SIZE - 2GB TRIAL

1STUDIO DESKTOP 540MT ORDER - UK

1STUDIO DT - SYSTEM ONLY

0 Kudos

Hi Bvekki1,

Thank you for providing the details;I appreciate it. It have check the configuration. It does not seem that this system has a wireless card. The most convenient way would be to purchase an USB wireless adapter from a local store which can be connected to the USB ports of the computer. Here are a few examples for your reference http://dell.to/ZJBe5U 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks & Regards,
Appu S
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell’s Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Orders & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA, India. For Dell Support Videos, click Here.

0 Kudos