I have an inspiron 5547 and it was working perfectly find until last month when it kept saying no networks found when my tv and phones were connected to the wifi perfectly fine. I had to connect my laptop with the Ethernet cord so that my laptop would find my wireless connection. Now no other wifi will appear except mine. I need my laptop to connect to xfinitywifi and other networks for school. I did every troubleshoot and diagnostic possible.
PLEASE HELP ME. school is starting soon and this is my only laptop
Welcome to our community. Please let us know,
1. Were there any hardware or software changes made to the system?
2. Was the wireless working earlier?
3. Please check the wireless icon on the bottom right of the screen, does it have a redx/ exclamation mark?
4. Access device manager, locate network adaptors, expand the same and check if the wireless card is detected.
5. Right click on the wireless icon and click on troubleshoot problems. Share the outcome/ error messages.
I let a 9 year old boy play games on my laptop and then it started acting up. There wasn't any software changes the wireless was working perfectly fine. Before I connected the laptop to the router with the Ethernet cord it was giving me redx on the wifi but it was turned on. Wireless card is detected. Afternoon introubleshoot it said to connect to router with Ethernet cord which I did with my router at home and it finds it after but when I need to connect to hotspots it won't find any.
Thank you for the update. Please press the Function key and then the prtScr and check if the wireless in enabled. Also right click on the wireless icon and click on troubleshoot problems, so that we can know the exact issue.