Solved!

Go to Solution

November 12th, 2017 05:00

Inspiron 3542, Windows 10 update 1709, broke WiFi button

Hi,

Im using a Dell Inspiron 3542 =
Dell Wireless 1705 802.11b|g|n (2.4GHZ) Installed version 3.0.2.201
Dell Wireless 1705 Bluetooth Installed version 10.0.1.7

After the recent Windows 10 update v1709, the wifi and the bluetooth buttons does not turn on. When I press the toggle on button instantly it toggles back to off state. Its just stuck in that position and the airplane mode does not show up its kinda disabled and all these happened right after the update. I've tried restarting, uninstalling drivers and and all possible solutions and Im stuck and there are no updates for the drivers as well.

Help me sort this out.

• 

16.7K Posts

November 13th, 2017 09:00

kishobang,

Roll back the latest Windows update to see if the wifi works. Please post back with the results.  

3 Posts

November 14th, 2017 11:00

Jesse L,

Thank you for your reply.

I rolled back to the previous v1703 and my wireless buttons works fine.

15 Posts

November 15th, 2017 17:00

what I have always done for a upgrade problem is get the iso from Microsoft and burn to a dvd.

I then do a repair reinstall by running the setup.exe from within Windows. It has worked a few times

for me. DO NOT BOOT THE DVD.

3 Posts

November 19th, 2017 21:00

Am I good to update the newest version of windows?(v1709)

• 

16.7K Posts

November 21st, 2017 08:00

kishobang

You can update be alert to any issues that you may encounter. Please post back with the outcome.

1 Message

January 23rd, 2018 02:00

I am currently experiencing the same problem after a Windows 10 update installed in the last few days. There is no "roll back" option to select when I follow the steps to do that. I need my laptop for work and I have already been unable to work today due to this issue.

January 23rd, 2018 11:00

XPS 13 9360 with Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265. 

Hi Dell - I'm hoping you can help me out.  I am having the same problems as the others on this thread.  The short summary is that the new Windows 10 update "1709" causes wifi performance to degrade to unusable (less that 1Mbs).  For a laptop this is pretty much unacceptable. 

Longer Description

1. This is my second attempt at loading this Windows update. So I've already rolled back once and that seem to leave the device in an unstable state.  Support Assistant and Windows are both actively trying to update so that's not a stable suggestion. 

2. I am running driver version: 19.50.1.6 (there is not option to roll-back to an earlier version) and Support Assistant is alerting me that there is a URGENT update to 19.60.0.7 required but that the installation of that driver fails when I use Support Assistant or when I go to Dell Support and manually download and install that driver version.

What I need is:  

- clear instructions on how to update the driver for my Intel 8265 

- any additional instructions on what to do after updating to Windows 1709 and updating my wifi driver.  Specifically, are there any wifi configuration settings that need to be changed. 

I've had this laptop for less than a year. 

1 Message

March 28th, 2018 08:00

The solution worked out for me, but then I kept being alerted to update my laptop but whenever I did or whenever it automatically updated, I was back to square 1. It's an endless cycle of updating and rolling back the update

1 Message

March 28th, 2018 14:00

Having same issue after upgrading wifi & bluttoth stopped working in mu dell-7537 win 10.. Wifi & bluetooth not turing on.. Stucked away with this.. Ethernet is working but wifi & bluettooth stopped working.. Also Airplane mode option is un clickable..

1 Message

April 12th, 2018 21:00

Hi
Rolling back works for me too, but after windows update again same issue... It takes ages yo roll back, and other real fixing solution?

1 Message

October 3rd, 2019 10:00

Can you please help me I just wants to know that what to do mY laptop hardware switch has broken and stuck on airplane mode just tell me if there is another way to enable wifi with the help of function button+something else reply if there is another way

No Events found!