Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 28th, 2017 18:00

Inspiron 3543 bluetooth not playing back

My dell inspiron 3543 cant correctly play bluetooth. It connects to it. all my drivers are up to date. I've run every diagnostic, windows and dell. I am trying to connect a Samsung level box mini.

Under the diagnostic it is configured, and authenticated but it says connection is not active. Under sound setting is says "bluetooth hands free headphone" is disabled and wont let me connect; I am unsure if that refers to the speaker tho.

Under services all my bluetooth services are running and automatic. Under device management all the drivers are updated for bluetooth, network, and COM ports. The level box uses COM3 for ingoing and COM 5 for outgoing SPP dev. 

It says it successfully connects to bluetooth and is paired, but it only goes to the built in audio in the laptop. 

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

November 29th, 2017 08:00

Hi aal55,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies that your device is not working with your pc as expected.  Since the bluetooth is working with other devices, then perhaps contacting Samsung's tech support might be helpful.

2 Posts

November 29th, 2017 15:00

The issue is with the laptop I believe. The Samsung device works fine with my cellphone

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

November 30th, 2017 03:00

Have you been able to connect any other bluetooth devices to the computer?

No Events found!