Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 21st, 2014 11:00

Inspiron N5030 Ethernet

I've installed a system (7 64 bit) after formatting, then drivers. Everything would be fine but wired Ethernet is not working. Nothing happens when I plug in the cable. I installed all the drivers Dell Support advised. Ethernet is listed in Devie Manager as "other device" and I cannot install the driver via it either. Nic (/w PXE) is enabled in BIOS.

459 Posts

Did you download this one:?

There is an order to installing the drivers:

View this post at http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/network-internet-wireless/f/3324/t/19508449.aspx

459 Posts

HI EMKALINA,

What is hardware ID for this device in device manager?

Right click Properties of the NIC, Details tab, choose 2nd option in drop down screen. copy and paste it here. I will make sure you have the right driver for system. What did you use to get the other drivers on there, a USB thumb drive or WIFI?

This one is mine(Win7x64).

4 Posts

March 21st, 2014 13:00

Yes, the Atheros one.

First, I installed them in no particular order but then I removed them all and installed in the correct one.

4 Posts

March 21st, 2014 13:00

I've got other drivers via USB.

459 Posts

March 21st, 2014 14:00

Atheros AR8152/8158 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller

HERE

This package provides the installation files for Atheros AR8152/8158 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20) version 2.0.11.12.

In order to manually update your driver, follow the steps below (the next steps):

1. Go to Device Manager (right click on My Computer, choose Manage and then find Device Manager in the left panel)
2. Right click on the hardware device you wish to update and choose Update Driver Software
3. Choose to select the location of the new driver manually and browse to the folder where you downloaded the driver

Also Installing a driver in Compatibility mode in Windows 7 helps if needed.

http://en.kioskea.net/faq/24611-installing-a-driver-in-compatibility-mode-in-windows-7

It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.

Do not forget to check with Qualcomm Atheros site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.

Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.

4 Posts

March 22nd, 2014 01:00

OK, I am too dumb for that. It seems I do not know how to install that .cab file via device manager. I downloaded it but WIndows cannot find it in the folder I have it.

No Events found!