Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 29th, 2011 10:00

Inspiron N5110 w/Centrino N1030 Wireless Card - Wireles does not see networks on startup

Inspiron N5110, Centrino N1030 Wireless Card , Win 7 64 bit OS Belkin N300 Router. Have the latest driver installed (version 14.2.0.10, dated 8/3/2011)

Weird problem, which also happened with my old router (Linksys WRT54). Happens on ALL wireless networks, so I don't think it's a router problem (I think it's a driver problem)

The card DOES NOT recognize any wireless networks. The following sequence gets it to work, and once it DOES connect, it works fine:

1. Boot system. Says no networks are available.

2. Run Diagnostics. Get message to rest router (doing so does not fix problem)

3. Go to "Manage Wirelss Adpaters", open the properties. Message says "The deveice is working properly. YOu need to retart to implement your changes."  On the Driver tab, you see the the device has actually been disabled (I think this occurs in the troubleshooting sequence - the adapter does not reset, it is set to disabled

4. Click the Enable button and reboot. The connection now works perfectly.

I've done all of the following with no success (per advice seen here): set to maximum power, shut off the option to allow the computer to trun off ower, set the signal to 20 MHZ only. Searching the Drivers site, I've seen driver upgrades for other dell systems using this card labelled as urgent upgrades. Is one available for this, or is it in the works?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 29th, 2011 10:00

cvermette,

From Intel's Website...

Combo dual-stream (1x2), single-band (2.4 GHz), 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi plus Bluetooth* adapter that delivers enhanced Wi-Fi speed (up to 150 Mbps transmit/300 Mbps receive1), range, and reliability. Includes support for Intel innovative features, including Intel® Wireless Display and Intel® My WiFi Technology.

Rick

1 Message

April 4th, 2012 10:00

Centrino N1030 wireless does not perform - 'flutters' -> connects to  Verizon Actiontec AP, attempted internet access fails, disconnects, repeat process, loops here indefinatly.  have tried tec-support - this has been with two different systems Dell and HP always the same failure!!!

Works with my cells AP and multiple public and private APs - not a signal issue DONT EVEN GO THERE!  Each failed connect situation is validated as not a signal issue both by the good signal evaluation of the N1030 and the Verizon Actiontec AP connection with a $20 Netgear USB WG111v3.

THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN HAPPENING SINCE 2007!!! If no solution is forthcomming there should be a very upset group of manufacturers and customers looking at why not.

This is a defective implementation of a product - Intel NEEDS to fix the driver so that it does not do this or recall and replace with a seviceable product that has same form-fit-function.  NSHO.

No Events found!