Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 24th, 2009 06:00

Intel 82562V-2 Network Adapter and Windows 7 Problems

I have a newer Inspiron 530 desktop that came with Vista and everything worked fine. I upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium and now I'm having issues with the network adapter not waking up after the computer goes into sleep mode. Also if I shut the computer off it doesn't work when I restart.

The orange ethernet light on my modem doesn't light up. I have to shut the modem off and restart it for the Intel 82562V-2 to work. I've installed the newest driver from the Intel site and tried various settings but nothing works. Intel said that Dell needs to write the new drivers because it is installed on a Dell motherboard.

After lots of searching on the web, seems like a lot of people experiencing the same problems. Has anyone come up with a solution to this problem? If not can someone recommend a ethernet pci card that would work good. Thanks

3.4K Posts

December 24th, 2009 07:00

Hello,

Have you checked the Windows update site and chose the "Custom" button?

There may well be a newer driver listed. And, 'Sleep' was created for laptops to save battery power. That being said, Desktop systems do not have a good track record using the 'Sleep' function. I suggest you rethink why you would want to continue to use 'Sleep'.

No Events found!